Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sprang forward

Today is, historically speaking, one of my most hated days in all of the year.  Daylight savings time "spring forward."  arrrgh..... I have enough trouble waking at a reasonable hour but then take one away and then i'm really up the creek.  Needless to say the only one in our house who likes it is the cat.  He gets fed one hr early and he thinks he has tricked us into it, so for him, it's win win.

This week has been full of little victories.  "Spring fwd" aside i have adjusted to being an early riser.  I gotta tell ya, if you early risers ever gave sleeping in a try you might be REALLY impressed.... seriously.  Also on tap for this week was to get a handle on what and how much I eat.

That's why I worked so hard on  the early rising.  It's better than working on food i.e. reducing intake or restricting favorites and that is.... well.... in a nutshell... that's my problem.  I eat a lot and i like "bad stuff."  Anytime in the past that i was like "OK world!!! You have seen me eat my LAST CHEESEBURGER!!!!" and then like 3 to 5 days later.... actually it's not a time issue... get this, this is what always sends me "off my diet."  If more than 2 people in one day comment in a positive way on my appearance "looking good" "have you lost a few pounds?" Anything like that and I IMMEDIATELY reward myself with something ridiculous like a buffet of all my favorites.  Now when i say buffet let me explain.  I will order a pizza then in the 25-35 minutes to pick it up i'll drive to all of my favorite eateries, get my favorite item from said eateries and THEN pick up the pizza.  Come home and lay out a buffet of superbowl party proportions and literally eat myself sick.  Why do i do this?   I deserve it!  A couple people were polite to me!  A meal of 5-7 thousand calories sounds about right then doesn't it?   Jeez....

What I'm shooting for here is just making a habit of NOT over eating.  I can still have a cheeseburger from time to time but it is not a "reward system" to be exploited.  If i have to have one, if it's driving me crazy then go ahead.  I just need to remember there is a price to that burger.

I'm a few days in and feel good, but I've been here before.  This is something i want.  So like everything else I want, it's time to figure out how to get it.

Consider me sprang.

No comments:

Post a Comment