Powered By Blogger

Saturday, March 5, 2011

I might have magic powers...

So i have been trying to waste less and less time on the internet.  It's hard though.  It is the way of modern life.  It's how we now communicate.  I can't remember the last time i received an actual letter.  It's sad really.  The mail showing up used to be special.  You never knew who you would hear from or what you might get (like the x-ray specs you ordered from the back of a comic book!) but now all you get is bills and maybe netfix.  Not really exciting.  But i digress, what i was getting at in my "not wasting time on the internet" thing is i found a new way to waste time on the internet!  You start by going to www.stumbleupon.com and its really cool. It just brings up pages based on a short profile that fit your interests.  If you have 20 minutes to burn it is pretty cool (not to say you can't waste all day and into the wee hours of the morning "stumbling"... or a couple days straight)  ANYWAY... today i stumbled on a recipe for "homemade microwave potato chips."  Say what????  I know!!! So i HAD to try it.  I was extremely doubtful (i have never seen anything come out of the microwave crunchy) but moved forward with diligence and low and behold:  I made crunchy almost store-bought-in-a-bag crunchy chips in a friggin microwave.  I am a wizard!  Take THAT Hogwarts!!  It took me four tries but i got it (it's actually quite easy, just google it and you'll find about a million recipes) and that was todays little victory.  Yay me.

No comments:

Post a Comment