Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

you may be wondering why I've called you all here...

I'm trying something new.  It's the kind of thing I've hinted at and used in varied compartments of my life but I am going to try a different approach.

Drum roll please: This year, two thousand and twelve, I'm going to plan out my life!  Huh?

I have faked my way and shot from the hip for the larger part of my life.  In the grand scheme of how I do things there is rarely a plan... or a back door.  Just having a basic inclination on where i was heading but 100% relying on my quick thinking, luck and common sense to get me through any obstacles i may encounter on my "journey."  However when I set my mind and planning to one aspect or project it very rarely backfires.  It's strange, if you plan and prepare for things that may or may not happen, then when things do pop up (they always do) you handle them in stride without ensuing panic.  No, racing internal dialog basically screaming "OH SHIT!" over and over.  Just react and move on. I likes the idea of the "don't panic."

I have labored under the Robert Burns quote "The best laid plans plans of mice and men..." but I never really thought about it.  I have always felt it doesn't matter what you plan, it's the unexpected that gets you.  Well there is some truth to that but it doesn't mean "don't plan!" it just means you never know what's around the corner so be flexible.

So this year it's not some crazed resolution shouted from a mountain top.  Instead, I have laid out some goals and directions that I want to go with my life AND I intentionally balanced them out.  My PLAN (nice huh?)  covers Professional, Artistic/Creative, Personal and Private goals.  All will be chronicled here except the private stuff (duh... it's PRIVATE!)

The first one is an easy guess: my weight/fitness.  My whole life I have made this too complicated.  It really isn't that tricky on the science side: calories in and calories out.  There is some other factors that push the numbers around a little bit... but not that much.  I have a whole new support team around me and even have some competitions going on plus other shenanigans, so stay tuned!  Basically: stay active, monitor what I eat and keep training for bigger and badder-er races.  The first one is a tower race in late January.  I don't have all the details but it's up a bunch of stairs... in a tower.  What else do I really need to know???

My new post workout snack?  Choco Milk-o!


Delicious!

It's 150 calories, 2.5 fat grams and 8 grams of protein!  As far as post workout snacks go it ranks pretty high for the "it's got what you need" factor.

 Onward and Upwards.

Listening to Iron & Wine The Creek Drank the Cradle... just can't get into it.  I've tried.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to following this progress! A race up stairs in a tower? Might want to put 911 on speed dial for that one.

    ReplyDelete