Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 7, 2011

elastic waste bands and double XL hoodies

Sooooo.... the real reason i started this blog is to basically journal my struggle with food and weight.  I will always veer off the path and do some goofy commentary (basically the only person who will read this is my mom so i might as well make it interesting!) but being accountable, even if its just to this stupid blog, is a start.  So here we go:

First off this isn't some "woe is me" "it's not my fault" kinda deals.  The real truth is it is 100% my "fault" that i'm packing on more lb's than i want to.  It's simple: calories in and out.  Bring more in than you need and your body saves it for a rainy day.  Let me tell ya, we are looking at a biblical  40 days and nights caliber rainstorm to use up my "savings!"

My real goal here is not to just lose some pounds.  I've done that so many times it's ridiculous.  No, what I'm trying to do is make some changes in my life.  How I treat my body being just one aspect of those changes.  On top of having a full on love affair with cheeseburgers i also smoke like a freight train which is, you know.... awesome.  Way to make good choices.  Oh yeah!  I'm also kinda lazy.  So all of these things combined some 40 years later I'm overweight, outta shape and sort of directionless in life.  Again, this isn't a bitchy whiny kinda thing.  I did this and now it's time to undo this.  I realize it will not be easy, it's uphill and it's about damn time.

So, in closing:  Cheeseburgers less often.  Fruits and Vegetables more often.  Get off my ass and do something.

I've had worse plans.

ps.  Hi Mom!

1 comment: