Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Fat Tuesday, Fat Wednesday and looks like still Fat Thursday

This weeks real goal was to become an early riser.  Through much research and internet readings I formulated a plan.  The one common thread in all the articles and blogs i read was: no matter what, get up.  well... duh!  I read all of this stuff to boil it all down to "get up?"  Sweet.  At least I'm not still wasting time on the net!!!

The other side of these articles was, in a nutshell, my real problem is I go to bed too late so the only way to get tired enough to go to sleep earlier is to be tired thus getting up earlier will be more.... plausible.

So with a brain full of common sense and farm wisdom i did just that.  I have been getting up earlier and earlier and the result is going to bed MUCH earlier.  Over the last several years i have an average bed time (ABT) of 330am  usually up by 1030am.  this week up at 700am and ABT 1200am.  I'm not bragging, i know lots of people (actually most the people i know) who that is a regular wake up time.  I don't think i deserve a medal or anything.... although a medal would be nice!

On top of the early rise i have been working on breakfast.  I hear its a relatively important meal (top three at least!) and drinking lots of water in the morning.  this has been good.  It feels like a good start to balancing out my eating patterns.  this coming week the tightening of the meals start.  Not going crazy but just whole foods, reasonable portions and a tiny bit of will power.  Here's hoping i have finally turned a corner.

going to the gym now.

No comments:

Post a Comment