Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I'm just a boat....

In my internet "time wasting" i have tried to be more positive by looking up/researching motivational type things and tactics.  Now, I don't know if this is helpful in my quest to change four decades of bad habits (it's probably more like two decades.  I wasn't born with a cigarette craving!  Or was I?) but it has to be better than watching videos of people falling down or researching plans for the perfect zombie attack survival  shelter.....  which we all know that there is no "perfect" zombie shelter... jeez.

I found a quote that seemed to sink in.  I've always considered myself a boat out on the water with my sail up just waiting for the wind.  In other words with a push in the right direction my voyage begins.  Another way to look at it is that it is not MY fault I'm in this situation!  Blame it on the wind!   Anyway...

The quote i found:

 "A ship is safe in the harbor,  but that is not what a ship was built for." - William H Shedd.

I like it and will keep it in the vault to fight off the "Evil Me."

No comments:

Post a Comment