Powered By Blogger

Friday, November 25, 2011

Well that was stupid!

Thanksgiving was, as usual, an exercise in gluttony for me.  More gravy?  Are you kidding?  That's my blog name!!!  Sigh...  I'm so clever.  So this morning I get up nice and early to get some stuff done and even do a little bit of shopping but then out of the blue, for some unknown reason, I decide to get on the scale.  The day after Thanksgiving.  GENIUS.

I don't want to boil down all this years accomplishments into one moment.  The moment that cold unfeeling machine unceremoniously spit that dreadfully high number at me?  Yeah.  That moment.  So to counter my feelings of failure I decided to run through some of the changes with me and my life since last March (or was it February?  Doesn't matter.)

I stopped feeling sorry for myself and uninvited myself to the pity party.  I made myself accountable for all things I didn't like about myself.

I started and maintained a regular running schedule, ran several races (I think six) AND actually competed in a few of them!  Don't get me wrong I wasn't in the running (pun intended) for an actual victory.  I just put up a respectable time for two of the races and I was proud of that.

I stopped smoking.  I have said this before but I really never thought I would quit.  Just didn't see it happening.... but it did and I am pleased it did.

Kept this blog going.  I didn't thing that would happen either.  I figured I would get bored with it and stop doing it.  Which I did!  But I missed it. So here I am, still typing away.

Overall, that's is not too bad!  Several life changes and some diligence.  Definitely a whole bunch of steps in the right direction.

The wrong direction, though, is looming all big and bad in front of me.  I got some blood work done and  my cholesterol is a tad wonky.  The good stuff a little too low and the bad stuff a little too high.  Nothing terrible by any means but add that on top of an ever expanding gut and we've got the beginning of a big problem.

I've noticed that my "loose jeans", track pants and cargo shorts have been trending for wardrobe choices so it was no real surprise that my weight was up.  Just  didn't quite expect it that UP.  It's ok though.  Nothing that can't be fixed.  It's just time to fix it though.

Fat Man Strikes Back.

No comments:

Post a Comment