Powered By Blogger

Saturday, April 23, 2011

April showers bring fits of rage!

I really hate spring.  I get into arguments about this ALL the time.  "how can you hate spring?"  "it's when everything starts to grow and the weather gets nice!"

First off why is it that i must love spring?  I hate the constant rain.  I hate muddy shoes.  People hate the winter because of the weather.  It doesn't make them anti-Christmas or anti-holiday.  They just don't like the cold and the snow.  I completely recognize the awesomeness of of the spring.  Love is in the air, grass starts to grow, birds return to my bird feeder and with all those things comes the promise of summer.  Now that I'm down with.  But stop looking at me incredulously.  I really don't like rain and Spring brings all the rain.

Summer prep has begun.  I've stayed the course with controlling my eating/better choices and to date I've lost  just over 15 pounds.  I also started working out in the morning before work and am starting to feel pretty good!  I'm not frightened of a pair of swimming trunks in public anymore!

I have also cut the smoking down pretty substantially.  I easily smoked a carton a week (which is 10 packs a week for those keeping score at home) and have cut it down to 3-4 packs a week.  i haven't gotten to that "i'm done with these damn things!" yet but it's coming.  Currently i use a fake tobacco pouch type thing.  It's made with all kinds of stuff like licorice and cayenne pepper and mint.  It helps keep the "tobacco rage" in check.  I don't really know why it helps but it does.

So that's were we are thus far.  Feeling good, looking good (-ish!) and hating on the springtime rains.

No comments:

Post a Comment