Powered By Blogger

Friday, July 8, 2011

5K for fun? Oh hell no...

I've done my share of little races and 5K's and I have NEVER tried to finnish with any kind velocity or real pace.  That has never bothered me even in the slightest.  Until now.

Tomorrow morning I'm doing a 5k that i signed up for before i "transformed" into a runner and i am planing on CRUSHING it!  I mean come on!  I've already run 3 5K's this week!

This will be my first attempt at not finishing in the back of the pack.  There will be the normal front runners who will scorch the 3.2 miles then run home to continue the work out they need to get to be a considered a real run.  I used to (and apparently still do!) really dislike these guys and gals who grace the race with their presence only to then embarrass everyone (ok... me) then vanish into the misty morning clad in spandex.  I mean i really hated these people... Now i get it... at least a little bit.  I am certainly going to try and crush everyone at the charity event tomorrow.  I am my own arch enemy!  Great.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment