Powered By Blogger

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Can you make that out of gold?

Well my "30 BLOGS in 30 DAYS" campaign kinda lost it's way, came off the tracks, took a wrong turn and any other cliche that you deem fitting.  This whole endeavor has been a tremendous learning experience and an excellent experiment.  I have, through blind stumbling around and trial and error, determined what I would like to change and ultimately do with this blog.  A few days ago I went back and reread all of my posts and there were some I actually liked and some that were crap.  Well lady and gentleman, we here at the Can I Get That Covered In Gravy HQ have heard you and our mission is to make your valuable time spent here, reading these babbling's of a mad man, MORE BETTER.   I will probably coast through the holiday season then start making improvements and revamps in the new year.

One of the things that will definitely make it in the new improved CIGTCIG 2.0 is the addition of what music I am or am not listening to.... am not... amn't?.. nope doesn't work... anyway today it is the newly released Fractured Love by Jordan Rast.  I really hate Jordan in a lot of ways.  Naaaa... Hate is too strong.  I am jealous though.  He's a great singer and song writer.  I mean REALLY great.  He's young... too young to be on his THIRD original release! I've never met him but have heard nothing but awesome things about him.  Sigh... He probably rescues kittens.  Kitten rescuing aside, his record is very good and I'm currently trying to coerce him into playing on my next record.  If you haven't figured out my subtle hints check out his record and support an "indie."  It's good for you!

http://www.woodstovehouse.com/jordan-rast-fractured-love/

if "anyone" has a better link to Jordan's record please leave it in the comments.  Thanks!

I don't listen to much music when I drive.  Strange for a guy who has made his living with music over the last several years, I know, but it's true.  It doesn't help the cause that my daily driver is not radio friendly.  It's loud and rumbly so I find other ways to occupy my time on long drives.  One is... jeez... I'm not sure I should let this one out of the box.  Eh...

Ok.  I give interviews.  To no one.  I don't talk to myself.  I talk to the person "interviewing" me.  Wow. That seems crazy.  Maybe that is why I really like talk radio.  Those guys are just talking to themselves.  Hell this blog (and other peoples I'm sure!) is just me writing down my internal dialog.  I don't know maybe I'm just rationalizing now....  Well the reason I brought this up was to talk about Chris Gaines.

I always thought it would be hilarious, in an interview, to sight him as a musical inspiration but never did (I have been interviewed before and did well due to all my practice!) for fear of pissing off Garth Brooks.  You see, if you didn't know Chris Gaines was the fictitious alter ego created by Garth Brooks to explore his rock aspirations... or something like that.

At the time it was suspected that GB had LOST his mind.  In truth I think he was just bored.  He did the Gaines record when he was on top of the world and had nothing but money to burn.  I believe he still keeps his house warm burning bundles of hundred dollar bills.  My mind can not comprehend the kind of money he has.  Buy a country money.  So maybe, in his shoes I would have done something dumb like dress up like a pretend rock star and put out a record.  I would have done something probably even more stupid.

Do they make toilets out of gold?

No comments:

Post a Comment