Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 15, 2011

the Hunger...

I started very strong out of the gate with my "change your life in 30 days or you money back!" attitude but as i saw little bits of success here and there i sort of let off the throttle.  I dropped a quick 15 pounds, which is great but i want a total of about 30 and the 15 i lost just got me back to my "normal" of the last several years.  I have reasons for losing the weight.  Just not the motivation.  I am lump summing all my forward movement but by doing so I am allowing each "category" to slide.

 "Well I maybe am not losing as much as i want to but look at how many times i've hit the gym and i'm doing well financially so.... yeah.... I'm doing fine and yes, I'd like a large fry to go with that double bacon cheeseburger!"

I wish i could say i'm exaggerating but no.  I did run back to the waiting arms of my cheeseburger friend, but it was for just a quick visit.  I shan't be returning anytime too soon.

I did get a little advice though that i'm trying to work in my daily routine.  PLANNING.  Every morning while the coffee is brewing and the bagel is .... bageling? I will take pen and paper (old school analog data entry!) and jot down a a few things that need done or my attention AND focus on food a bit.  Just a written reminder to eat when i should and what i should.  Things like "in a hurry" don't qualify as a valid reason to hit a drive through or drain a bag of chips and with a little morning reminder maybe they will happen less and less.

I refer to my appetite as "the Hunger" and give it a personality and it drives me to feed... I kid about it but I also use it as an excuse....  from now on The Hunger is retired.  It's just a chemical reaction in my noodle, that's probably really just thirst,  so slow down.  Have a glass of H2O and think about what you NEED to eat, not what you want.  If you hang in there it will end up being the same thing.

Nothing says i can't visit my cheeseburger friends from time to time but I won't overstay my welcome for a change.

Now get back out there!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment